Marquinhos enters the top 10 list of the most capped players in the club’s history
As he played in his 295th game in all competitions for Rouge et Bleu in matchday 6 of the UEFA Champions League group stage in the 5-1 win over Istanbul Basaksehir at the Parc des Princes, the Paris Saint-Germain defender enters the top 10 most capped players in the club’s history.
The Brazilian international arrived in Paris in 2013 and has played 186 times in Ligue 1 (15 goals), 25 times in the Coupe de France (three goals), 20 times in the Coupe de la Ligue (two goals), four times in the Trophée des Champions and 60 games in the UEFA Champions League (seven goals) for Paris. The captain now has as many appearances as his old teammate Blaise Matuidi, who played for the club between 2011 and 2017.
The Rouge et Bleu number five also now equals his compatriot Thiago Silva as the player with the second most caps for the club from the capital in European competitions. Only Marco Verratti (63 games) now has more appearances than the two Brazilians.
List of the top ten most capped players for Paris Saint-Germain in competitive games :
1. Jean-Marc Pilorget : 435 matches
2. Sylvain Armand : 380 matches
3. Paul Le Guen, Safet Susic : 344 matches
5. Marco Verratti : 325 matches
6. Bernard Lama : 318 matches
7. Thiago Silva : 315 matches
8. Mustapha Dahleb : 310 matches
9. Edinson Cavani : 301 matches
10. Marquinhos, Blaise Matuidi : 295 matches