PSG Fan Club Seattle pay a visit to the Parc
Some of our Rouge et Bleu fans from Seattle, USA joined their fellow supporters for Sunday’s Ligue 1 contest against Toulouse. We joined them pitchside to get their thoughts on the new season and what life as a Paris fan in North America is like.
The birth of PSG Fan Club Seattle came somewhat unexpectedly. In 2014, Laurent Bourscheidt welcomed a fellow fan club member from New York to Seattle to join him in watching a game. Upon arrival to the bar they noticed they weren’t the only Parisians settling in for the match. It was there that Laurent knew it was time for North Western city to have its own organisation.
Since the club’s launch, the membership has gone beyond the 100 mark with Seattle Parisians regularly meeting in Capitol Hill and Redmond in the city’s East Side for games. For the Rouge et Bleu's crunch match derbies against Marseille, the bars are routinely packed out with fans watching from over 8,000km away.
Laurent and the guys watched last night's win against Toulouse from the Auteuil!
Describing how the fan club has brought fans together, Laurent explains “It’s the ability to share the same passion for Paris and football, to create friendships and camaraderie that comes along with getting together”.
Before settling in to enjoy the Ligue 1 fixture, Laurent answered some quick-fire questions:
- Who is your favorite PSG player? Safet Susic, le magicien.
- What is your all-time favorite PSG match? So many but I would say PSG v Nantes in the French Cup Final in 1983
- What is your favorite all time PSG goal? Every goal. PSG has scored at Stade Velodrome in Marseille.
- Who is your all-time PSG hero? The fans!
- What is your all-time favourite PSG moment? Every time I come out of Porte de St Cloud Subway, see the stadium, the lights and I enter the stands and smell the grass at the Parc Des Princes.
- Tell us your prediction for tonight’s match vs Toulouse? 3-2
Are you a Paris Saint-Germain fan living outside of France? You too can start your own fan club!
For more information please visit en.psg.fr/fans/form